Friday 12 July 2013

JOEL OBI: I'm back for good!

Inter Milan midfielder, Joel Obi says he's looking forward to big return to action after injury lay off that denied him of AFCON 2013 actions in South Africa.
The 22-year-old midfield anchor has passed through all the necessary steps for recovery and joined his Italian club this week for full training sessions ahead of the new season.
"It's great to be back after spending some time on injury treatment. Now, I am back for good and looking forward to be better than I was before," said Joel.
"I don't need to hide my feelings for missing virtually everything about the game because it is something you have been doing before, so I really missed my playing on the pitch."
"It's early to set any target for myself because I just return and I am only hoping to get better in shape and match fitness, though I am fine but my mission is to return bigger."
His club Inter Milan obviously had poor outing last season with their failure to qualify for UEFA tournament but Joel who is eagerly ready to get his starting shirt said the San Siro club will bounce back next season.
"All clubs have their low time, I think we have experience that and we will bounce to the biggest stage of the occasion, it’s all down to the new season."
Earlier this year, Newcastle and Sunderland have both been linked with the 22-year-old and although the Nigerian international’s agent was not naming names, he claimed there are Premier League sides interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment