Wednesday 3 April 2013

Odibe targets Eagles return

Arsenal Kiev central defender Michael Odibe is hopeful of a sensational return to the Super Eagles team with his explosive form for Arsenal Kiev.
The 24-year-old has remained fans favourite in Kiev this season, features in all the matches and has been able to prove his consistent shirt at the defence line.
Odibe has only one cap for the Super Eagles of Nigeria during the tenure of Samson Siasia for the friendly game against Sierra Leone national football team in Lagos on 9 February 2011. He has been one of the most consistent missing players in the national team along with Kalu Uche who has been painting Turkey with goals.
“I understand there are lots of player on the queue who want to play for the national team and particularly for Keshi and I consider myself as one and I believe my current form and games for my club will  lead me back to the team,” Odibe revealed in an exclusive interview.
“I don’t have grudges for my non invitation to the team rather I supported the team for the wonderful AFCON glory jinx, I was really proud. I think the good thing for national team is for players to come from their various and lift their country which Keshi and the team have done beautifully to shock critics.”
“A lot of people have asked me the same question that why I am still missing in the National Team despite my consistent on the pitch for my club. Sometimes, you just have to see those things as challenge, that is the question of the coach and he must have his own reason of course but nevertheless I am still a proud Nigerian for all I care and I am very optimistic that one day I will be back to the team. I never write myself off the team, NO! I will be there at the right time again.
“I think the only way I can tell the coach to give me a call is in my club, yes, I am focusing on my club games so that I can be better than I was last week and I am so believe that my time will come to shine in the team.”
 “When you play consistently with other players, of course you must understand each other, and I think that is what has been keeping the defence line solid and as a matter of fact, I can always do better in the team not to rival anybody but to come and serve the country.”
After a barren spell following his loan move to at Dnipro Dniprotesk, Odibe has grow more in confidence to claim his starting shirt week in week out in the Ukrainian top league.
“When you play continuously on the pitch, you will feel better and get better for the next game provided you did well in the previous match and that is what has been keeping me going. I never look back because I know my worth, I know what I can do and I know when to improve on my game. So I'm feeling good.”
 

3 comments:

  1. Ur time in super eagle is closer than u know

    ReplyDelete
  2. NA SO MY GUY,YOUR TIME WILL COME SOON,JUST BELIEVE IN GOD AND YOURSELF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NA SO MY GUY,YOUR TIME WILL COME SOON,JUST BELIEVE IN GOD AND YOURSELF.

    ReplyDelete