Thursday 14 July 2011

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DEBUT EXCITES ORELESI

Newly signed Skenderbue Korce of Albania left back Nurudeen Orelesi has expresses pleasure for his dream debut in the most prestigious soccer tournament at club level, UEFA Champions League after he made his debut in a disappointing note with 2-0 lost to their opponent on Thursday in the first qualifying stage of UEFA Champions League.

An explosive fast left-wing back, Nurudeen Orelesi was happy that he had joined the numbers of Nigerian players to have tasted the tournament but lamented that he was disappointed due to his team lost in the first outing.

"It was a wonderful experience for me, I am happy that I was able to prove myself for the entire 90 minutes of the game. I have seen how difficult it is to win the tournament, but I will never rule out myself for the medal in the future.
"It really beyond child's play. I thought it was like a league game but to me, it was a wonderful experience for me and I will like to win the trophy one day.
"I think that has given me the opportunity to join the numbers of Nigerian players to have played the game. I am so excited and the feeling still runs in me.

Speaking further on the possibility of his team qualifying, he said: "I believe anything can still happen but I will also confess that we play a better team. I know we can turn things around in our home, I think qualifying to the next stage will expose me more in the game and I believe it will happen.
The powerful, quick and hardworking defender has taken the Albanian league champions by storm and his success there could ultimately lead to his moving on to a bigger club, as he hope to star for one of the best league in Spain.

1 comment: