Saturday 1 October 2011

ODIBE: Joseph Yobo is a true legend!

One capped Super Eagles defender; Michael Odibe has shower praises on the Super Eagles skipper Joseph Yobo, describing the former Everton player as a true legend that deserves a national award.

Nigerian captain Joseph Yobo is edging closer on Nigerian all-time international appearances record after 10 years of duty with the Super Eagles.
Yobo has been called up for next month’s double-header against Guinea and Ghana, which would take his caps to 84 if he plays both games.
The 31-year old  has played in Five (5) African Cup of Nations finals to break the record held by Mudashiru Babatunde Lawal and Nwankwo Kanu who have 86 caps each.

Lawal, was the first African to feature in five African Cup of Nations finals between 1976 – 1984 while Kanu won his 86th cap in Nigeria’s final group game at the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa, against Korea Republic.
And Odibe, who plays for Arsenal kiev of Ukraine had once paired Yobo on his first international game against Sierra Leone at Teslim Balogun in Lagos, says the Nigerian skipper can reach his centenarian cap if given the chance with his self passion for the Nigeria team.

“Yobo has a passion for Nigeria team, he’s a true legend. I have a lots of respect for him even before I played with him.”
“Why I love Yobo is that he does not listen to critics, I could remember when media are critising his leadership in the team but today, he has turn out be a hero in the country. I think he deserve some respects now, everybody should keep encouraging him because he can still lift the country.

“He’s my role model and I am very happy for his success in the Nigerian team, but I wish to surpass this record by the time I have my way into the team".


1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) +918376918351 Thank you.

    ReplyDelete