Tuesday 19 February 2013

IGHALO: Granada fans made me better

 
GRANADA of Spain forward Odion Ighalo is sure his side will not give up their ambition to make a mark in the ongoing Spanish La Liga despite the defeat to Barcelona last weekend.

Granada lost the league cracker 1-2 to table-toppers Barcelona, no thanks to Lionel Messi‘s brace which gave the Catalans the maximum points.
Ighalo, who is enjoying a good run of form, scored his team’s only goal of the match putting them ahead in the first 45 minutes before Argentine wizard Lionel Messi hit a brace to rescue the La Liga leaders and recording his 301st goals for Barcelona.

The former Nigeria U-20 skipper told NationSport that he is optimistic Granada will do well at the end of proceedings as he intends to help his team avoid relegation.

NationSport recalls that Ighalo played a significant role in Granada’s promotion to the elite division two seasons.
“We just need to be focused. We played beautifully against Barcelona, which they attested to,” said Ighalo.

“I am very optimistic that we will finish the season well; we have been experiencing a fine form, and losing to Barcelona will not distract us from our dreams. We didn’t believe Barcelona could defeat us with our form but that is football and that can only motivate us more to go out for the kill in our next game.”

The skillful striker disclosed that playing against top clubs is a challenge and scoring against a team like Barcelona will surely improve his confidence.
He said: “I would have been happier if we had won the game which would have meant a lot to me but notwithstanding, I will keep fighting on for the club.
"I am enjoying my game here and the fans are incredible, and that always make me to give more than 100 per cent.

“If you ask me today what is the secret of my current form here, I will tell you it is the fans. They are so passionate and patient with me even when the goals are not coming; They are wonderful.”

No comments:

Post a Comment