Friday 11 November 2011

AJILORE Keen On Eagles' Return

Super Eagles midfielder Oluwafemi Ajilore has reveal his mission to return back to the Nigeria National team after sensationally opted out of the team for fitness purpose and former concentration on his new Denmark club, Brondby IF.
 
Ajilore, who played in a commanding role in the 2008 Beijing Olympic games as Nigeria reached the Olympic Games final, was seen by many as an emerging force capable of bringing something new to the Super Eagles midfield.
 
Indeed he seemed to be heading in the right direction after playing a handful of games in Nigeria’s qualifying run to the Angola 2010 Africa Cup of Nations as well as the World Cup, though he could not make the final team in what many react as unjustifiable.
 
But the former FC Ebedei star, who dumped bachelorhood last December has revealed fitness state and ready to return to the national team.
Speaking in an exclusive interview, the Olympic Silver Medalist welcomes new Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi on board.
 
"Playing for Super Eagles is as good as anything, every player loves national pride, I am ready to return. Why I decided to be out was because of the minor injury I sustain and doctor told me not to rush myself into full action to heal the injury but I thank God now that I am 100% fit and you can see that on my club performance now.
 
"Of course, I will be glad to return. Yes, I am doing well, playing 90 minutes for my club every week, and coming back to Eagles will be great again.
 
Ajilore who feature once for Samson Siasia as the Super Eagles coach says he always get along with national team but he deliberately out of the team for more concentration on his new club and also wishes the sacked Super Eagles well in the future.
 
"Keshi is a good coach, he was one of the players I looked up to as a player and now coming to coach the Super Eagles is a great pleasure for him in his career. "I think he knows what to do to make  Super Eagles great like his own glory days and I believe if Nigerians give him proper support even if he didn't get it right now, he needs a lot of time to make Eagles great.

No comments:

Post a Comment