Friday 20 September 2013

Ugo Ukah eyes Eagles recall

Jagiellonia Białystok of Poland defender Ugo Ukah has said he hopes for more Super Eagles action after he made his debut against Zambia in November 2011.

The towering defender who has Italian passport has been an impressive impact to his Polish club, two victory in a role, and has declared his readiness to honour another invitation from Stephen Keshi.

The 29-year-old former Queens Park Rangers defender further revealed how he missed a chance to play in England last season with Crystal Palace almost a destination.

"Keshi called me sometimes ago to ask how I was feeling and doing in my club and it was something that lifted my spirit, it shows I am needed, though it may not be at that particular time but I feel great for showing me love," said Ugo in an exclusive interview.

"Playing for Nigeria has always been a definite option for me, I don't think twice before I honoured the invitation and I will be glad to do it again and again. Nigeria is a blessed country with much talented players all over the world. And I think it is something privileged when such country FA invited you to show your ability."

"It is a big privileged for everybody playing in the national team because there are far better players who are desperately looking for just 20minutes debut, but I am happy to have been a lucky one."

Ugo further speaks on Stephen Keshi for taking the country's further in success following the AFCON glory in February but warns that Super Eagles should be ready for another AFCON cracker when playing Ethiopia in World Cup play-offs.

"There are no words to describe the coach than saying "best coach" in Africa. It is not only that he won the Nations Cup but on his confidence in the team and always stay to accept every critics. I am happy for him because he has done what white man could have done and he deserves some respects."

"Going to Ethiopia will be tough, the coach knows that already. It is better to prepare for war than undermining the team. Nigeria are good for World Cup, even the Brazilians are already expecting the country because of our populations and flair of football."

"Well, the coach has promised to give me a call, but I don't know his plans for now but I will be glad to be part of the play off. And if it goes either way, I will keep my support for the team because my vein is green."

1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot for your great post.it is informative post for soccer.This post give me more new information about us.i like this post.

    ReplyDelete