Saturday 19 November 2011

ODIBE: I Want To Play For Keshi

One capped Super Eagles defender Michael Odibe has cries out to the new Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi for a chance in the Super Eagles defense line after the coach declared some reinforcement in the Eagles defense.

Having made his Super Eagles  debut under Siasia against Sierra Leone in an international friendly match in Lagos, but he was overlooked for the 2012 nations cup qualifiers under former Super Eagles coach Samson Siasia but hopeful of a return as the new coach set to bring in more players for a fight.

Odibe, who has been enjoying a top form since his official debut for Arsenal Kiev of Ukrainewith two goals to his name in the scorer's sheet insisted that he will maintain the consistent form till the end of the season.

“I will like to play for Keshi, Odibe declared"
"Yes I am proud that siasia gave me a chance to come to the national team and make my debut but I don't know why I was shut out after that but I believe Keshi can give me a chance with my physique and ability in my club now. I have learnt a lot in this game of football and I have a lot to prove now than before and I can't wait for national team return.

"I understand the fact that he’s building a formidable team for the  2014 World cup but it will be my pleasure to play for Nigeria again. “I have a brighter future in the team and only consistent playing with my senior colleagues will do that for me. I hope the coach invited me and I believe I have what it takes to deliver irrespective of the challenges in the team.

"Keshi has distinguished himself and I think that is what gave him the opportunity to get the job but I think he still need a lot of time to get better and make the country proud.

1 comment:

  1. Obi Ifeanyichukwu Emmanuel19 November 2011 at 09:46

    Building a team is a process. we need the right materials that has the potency and ability to withstand pressure and produce result. Tested and Trusted I say.... Lets give opportunity to the deserving lads for a better tomorrow in our football.

    ReplyDelete