Tuesday 22 January 2013

'SAD' OBOABONA vows to fight on

Nigeria's Godfrey Oboabona not happy with Super Eagles Monday’s 1-1 draw against Burkina Faso in their opening Group C game of the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations.
Substitute Alain Traore scored with the last kick of the game to peg back Nigeria’s first half lead through Emmanuel Emenike after defender Efe Ambrose had been sent off for a second yellow card. The Sunshine Stars ace was an instrumental force at the Super Eagles defence making most clear out for his pairing partner Joseph Yobo and inconsistent Elderson Echiejile, one of the flops of the encounter.

“I was sad, I didn’t saw the ball earlier in the box,” Oboabona stated.
“I think it was a fair result with regards to other result in the group. We won’t lose focus, and we will try to correct our mistake in the next game.”
“Burkina Faso were lucky, they never expected it but we blown away much chances which I think we must step up against Zambia.”
“Of course I am looking forward to keep the shirt and keep improving in the team and I believe we will prove it right in the subsequent matches.”
“I am not under pressure, I have been exposing to the games, and the coaches still believe in my ability and I don’t believe such errors will cost my chances.”
“I am still very much optimistic that we will qualify and go far than expected, and I will keep fighting on for the glory of the team.”
 

No comments:

Post a Comment