Saturday 25 August 2012

MONDAY JAMES: Life is good for me without Eagles shirt


Sweden based centre defender Monday James says he has not regretted not playing for the Nigeria senior national team despite being part of the successful U-20 and U-23 team.

He said not getting a call for the Super Eagles is not a big deal.
The Bayelsa state born star played an integral part in Flying Eagles team that went to the final of FIFA U-20 World Cup in 2005 but was defeated by Lionel Messi’s brace and also at the 2008 Olympic football game still led by Samson Siasia. James future looks bright at the tournaments, with his understanding with Onyekachi Apam but the duo were sideline in the Super Eagles team.

James was asked if had any regret for not playing for the Super Eagles to upgrade it career at club level, he replied with a sound voice that: “I can never have any regret for not playing for Super Eagles, of course I have played at two categories and I did my best, so why must I have any regrets?”

“I thank God for everything about my career, I am a happy man with much optimism that I will be at the top rank in this game, I understand the fact that the road to success must surely rough so that you can know the importance of success,” he explained.

“We are different creature by the same creator (Glory be to him), and everybody has his own time to achieve greatness, even though some of us are born with greatness while some achieve it in this life. I have never doubt myself, so playing for Nigeria is not a do or die.

“I am concentrating on my games here and I believe some better will come out of it at the end. I am playing every week in my club and I am enjoying every bit of the game here but sooner or later the big doors will open for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment