Friday 15 February 2013

IGHALO eyes Barcelona upset

Nigeria international Odion Ighalo is relishing a big clash with european best team Barcelona on Saturday.
On-form Ighalo has been impressive this season in Spanish top league and would love to upset Barceolona.
"I respect Barcelona team a lot just like I do for Real Madrid and Critiano Ronaldo but if we are on our feet on Saturday, we can upset them," said Ighalo in an exclusive interview.
"Real Madrid underrated us some weeks back and we taught them lesson even though it was an own goal but we were everywhere on the pitch to ensure the victory."
Ighalo who has been in an impressive form for Granada further spoke on his delight in competing with top world best players and his improvement in the game.
"Some years back, when I was in second division with Granada, I had a dream to play in La Liga with the team. Now, it has happen.
"For a player of my calibre, it’s always good to play against the likes of Lionel Messi and Critiano Ronaldo for their gifted knowledge in the game."
"These are the players I look up to in football, and playing against them was a dream comes true. I have learnt absolutely much from them. And that has improved my games a lot especially this season."
"Of course, I have everything to pursue greater things in my career and I am already on it. I always play better against big clubs maybe because of my prospects.
"I have been growing well in confidence and that is why everybody loves me in Granada. I am here to keep the faith of the fans in me as well as to lift the club and pay back the fans with goals."

No comments:

Post a Comment