Monday 9 April 2012

Emenike confident of Champions League slot

Super Eagles’ striker Emmanuel Emenike does not believe that Russian racism will affect his dream of lifting Spartak Moscow to second place in the Russian League table for a slot in next season’s UEFA Champions League.

The 24 years old striker helped Spartak Moscow continue their charge to the top of the Russian league on Sunday with his sixth minute goal leading to a 2-0 defeat of Kuban Krasnodar in Moscow.

It was his 11th goal of the season, and he came close to making it 12 but for Aleksandr Belenov’s agility at goal.
"I don't fear that racism will affect my dream for this team, I have left every issue behind me, I am more focus than before and that will speak well of me at the end of the season,” Emenike told 9jasoccerboysblog from his Russian base.

When asked if racism acts will not affect his dream of lifting Spartak to UEFA Champions Legaue, he said: "That shouldn't be a problem as long as I deliver the goods, and I have plenty of confidence."

“What happen was just unfortunate and I don’t need to be thinking about it again, my joy comes when I score goals and help my team. I love to be dedicated and that is what I am doing right now.

“My target is to score goals that will take my team to Europe next season, we are third now and anything can still happen, I believe that my goals can lift the team. So I am not distracted in any manner.

Emenike joined Spartak Moscow July, 2011 from Turkish champions Fenerbahçe for a transfer fee of ten million euros. In less than a year, his market value has ballooned by more than 100 percent.

No comments:

Post a Comment