Monday 9 April 2012

Sky the limit for MICHAEL ODIBE at Arsenal


Michael Odibe was clearly the man of the match on Friday after hitting a brace in Arsenal Kyiv’s 4-1 over Obolon in the Ukrainian Premier League. 

Undoubtedly, Odibe has grown far in confidence and his terrific work rate is exciting at the moment, not only for his goal scoring ability but his consistent playing time has attracted big suitors like Dynamo Kiev and Shaktar Donetsk to have the lanky defender in their squad next season.
Obviously, Odibe’s loan contract with Arsenal Kiev expires in the next two month and his recent form could land him in one of the top clubs in Europe next season.

The former First Bank of Lagos player opened scoring in the eighth minute and got his second goal in the 64th of the game. Alexander Kobakhidze got the other two goals against Obolon in the Ukrainian Premier League on Friday, and the result has place Arsenal to fourth place on the table.

"I have said it that coming to a club like Arsenal Kiev is for me to prove my worth and move higher and my focus could open a big offer for me in the summer,” Odibe told 9jasoccerblog.

“The move represents a challenge for me to show my worth and I thank God for making it real now". I known playing consistently will ring out my best and this is exactly what is happening, thoug it is not by my power nor wisdom but God.

Odibe also spoke of the honour he felt after scoring two goals  and a dream of convince Keshi for Super Eagles’ shirt.
"Scoring two goals in a match is source of pride for me, I was excited not only because I score but we won the match and everybody in this club appreciated my effort, I felt like doing it again and again.
"I want to keep doing my best to make the fans happy but I can’t guarantee my stay here next season."

“I don’t know why the big boss has not invited me to his squad but I believe I can always be there now and later but I want to re-instate that I wanna to play for my fatherland again and again.


No comments:

Post a Comment