Saturday 13 July 2013

CHIBUIKE set sights on 'great sesaon'

Rosenborg of Norway attacker, John Chibuke, has remained calm over his dream to play for Nigeria’s national team after scoring two goals in the Europa League Cup play-off on Thursday.

The 24-year-old midfielder was excited after helping his club to easily defeat Northern Irish team, Crusaders, 7 - 2 on Thursday, with Chibuike on target in the 35th and 51st minutes of the encounter.
“For now, I am focusing on my club. I believe that should be my focus because that is where my life’s all about for now - taking my club to Europa League is on my mind, maybe I will be considered for good if I play in the UEFA games, but I know my time is coming to play for Nigeria,” said Chibuike.
“I am still very much hopeful of playing for Nigeria but I think I just have to let it be in God’s time. I don’t want to rush myself. It will come when God has ordained it and it will be at my best time. So I’m still looking forward to play for Nigeria.”
It could be recalled that Stephen Keshi had promised to give the talented midfielder to prove himself in his team, Keshi’s comment came after it was reported that the former Enugu Rangers ace could dump Nigeria for Sweden.
Chibuike has scored four goals in his last three games, three goals in Europa League play-off so far, as Rosenborg qualified for the second round of the Europa League.
“I played some good games in last season’s Europa, I scored and got injured at some points but I want to do it bigger this time around with a good fitness rate and high-grade performance. I don’t want to leave anything behind to prove myself to the club and achieve something better this season. We are on course for the league but we need to work harder and give it all in every game.”

No comments:

Post a Comment