Monday 16 April 2012

EMENIKE: My goals will lift Spartak to Champions League

...denies Liverpool, Spurs link

In-form Spartak Moscow striker Emmanuel Emenike has denied some reports in the media linking him to English Premier League clubs Liverpool, Tottenham and Chelsea for a summer move due to his goal scoring spree, having scored his 12th league goal last weekend to lift Spartak to second position on the table for a place in UEFA Champions League next season only if the club maintain the position with few games to end the season.

It was reported last week that Emenike was wanted by top clubs in England and Spartak Moscow dangled €25m on their top man but Emenike who has the target of playing in next season’s UEFA Champions League games reveal authoritatively that he has no plan to quit the Russian club for now and does not consider playing in England for now but will prefer Spain.

“I have not heard anything like that from my club and I don’t think I am ready to leave this club now,” Emenike declared in an exclusive chat.
“I understand the fact that when you are at your peak form and you are helping your club to move ahead and when your name is all over the news due to one thing or the other, there will be news and be speculations, even some people will use your name to make money but no matter what I thank God for everything but I am not ready to leave Spartak.

"My focus is how to score more goals and lift my club to compete in UEFA Champions League. I have what it takes to lift this team and to play in one of the most prestigious football tournament.

When asked if he had ever consider playing in England before, he said: “I think it is the most attractive league in the World and I do watch some of their matches, I watch Chelsea, Manchester and Liverpool games but I never have the mind of playing in either clubs for now. I don’t know what may happen tomorrow but I am so committed to Spartak Moscow, they love me here and I wish to keep giving my best for the club.

No comments:

Post a Comment