Saturday 28 January 2012

IKE THANKGOD: I’ll prove KESHI wrong

Warri Wolves central defender, Ike ThankGod says he’s ready to prove Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi wrong for denying him of his best opportunity publicly over his comment in the news paper that he was ‘too old’ for Super Eagles shirt.

The giant defender was on target on Saturday in a league match between Sharks and Warri Wolves where he rescued his team to 1-1 draw in Portharcourt. And that seems part of the case to reply the coach for making public digression on his career.

“I’m happy to have rescued my club with my goal,” Ike Thankgod told 9jasoccerboysblog.

“I really want to prove so many people wrong for saying that I am 'too old' for national assignment. 

“Yes, I want to really prove it this season if I’m too old to play for my country or not but I am disappointed by Stephen Keshi for making such comment towards me whereas he has invited people older than me in the team, so why me?.

“If he did not want to invite me to his team, there is another of doing that rather than toying on my career but the time has not come for me to talk.” He concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment