Monday 28 May 2012

EMENIKE dreams Barca, Chelsea in UCL draw

Spartak Moscow talisman Emmanuel Emenike declared that Spartak Moscow are ambitious going into next season UEFA Champions  League having occupied the second spot in the just concluded Russian league.

The Super Eagles bullish striker hopes to lead his red and white club  to a more successful tournament after helping the team to win their major trophy in the mid-season Copa Delroy Cup in Norway, and the former Karabukspor king of goals has talked up his side's chances in next season Champions league.

“I’m happy that God made it possible for us to finish second, which was our target having lost the title chance to Zenith Petersburg and finishing second was a fantastic efforts which I think we are ready to take out some surprise in the Champions league next season.

“Yes, it is an opportunity for me to compete with the world best strikers. I don’t need to praise myself for my contribution in the club success but I think they appreciated my effort and I have been commended for that and that is by the way. My focus now is to have good vacation and return back to my club and prepare well for next season.

“I had good season, even though I experienced some difficulties which I think is one of those things in life generally, so I have put those ones behind me and my concentrations now is to help my club win the league. Yes, we can also win the Champions League after our play-off, it is possible. Who ever thought Chelsea will go all the way to final? And they won it. It’s all about determination and motivation.

“I will never rule out myself in lifting the Champions league but playing there is exciting, I can’t just wait to prove myself.
"We are ready to show great things next season. We are ambitious. There is quality in the team and more are still coming. 

"There are many requirements for Spartak and next year we will show something better than last season. It feels good that the campaign is over. I will not deny that it was a great season for me. I won a trophy, I score goals and my goals are crucial to the team, so I have reason to thank God and the fans.

“Next season is going to be tough in Russian league because we are already dreaming of the league. We played and scored lots of goals last season and I believe we can repeat the same performance that will supersede others.
“In Champions, I will like to play against the likes of Chelsea, Barcelona and Real Madrid. I think those are the most difficult clubs for now, so beating them will make us stronger for the subsequent matches but we must win our play-off first.

No comments:

Post a Comment