Friday 11 May 2012

EMENIKE: I’m not a trouble maker


Spartak Moscow striker Emmanuel Emenike has exclusively opens up on his celebration after scoring an equalizing goal against Zenith Petersburg in which his club won 2-3 in the Russian league.

The bullish Nigerian striker was sent off for tapping his forearm immediately after awkwardly knocking the ball into the net. With soccer having enough suggestions of corruption, such bizarre refereeing will not go unnoticed.

“I don’t care what some papers might have report but I know myself that I am not a trouble maker, I have not done anything wrong in my celebration against Zenith, I love the celebration when Samuel Eto’o did it against Manchester United in the UEFA Champions League final, and he’s a kind of player that I cherished so much and I develop a lot of things through his game, so why my name everywhere over such celebration?”

“I think the referee was either confused or wrong but I am not in position to judge the situation instead I will concentrate on our last game to see if I will be legible to play the game. 

“I will never be intimidated, this is my career, I have so much to build on it, controversial issues like this can only make me stronger, it is one of those things but fair play is the best.

Emenike has said that finishing at the second spot at the end of proceedings in the Russian elite division will be a dream come true for him at Spartak Moscow.
The 24-year-old forward scored his 12th goal in 18 matches last weekend. 
“I am hungry of more goals, I have been commended by my team mates and the coaching crew for my speedy development in the league even when the going was rough, I still concentrate and that is when you can see that Emenike has not time to make trouble but to score goals.”

No comments:

Post a Comment