Saturday 28 January 2012

EMENIKE hunts of Eagles pride

...Dazzles Spanish fans with goal in Pre-season tournament
Super Eagles’ striker Emmanuel Emenike says he’s looking forward to prove doubters wrong in the national team colors by some reports claiming that he does not give much for his country unlike club performance but looking forward to restore the pride of the team with his team mates as the 2013 nations cup qualifiers get underway.

The 24-year-old talented striker who banged 30 goals in 51 appearances for Karabukspor of Turkey before making a move to Russia where he scored 8 goals in 11 matches last season with two sensational hat-trick among the goals to become Spartak’s third best player in less than six months in the league dazzled Spanish fans on Saturday with his trade mark open-goal when his team took on against IFK Goteborg of Sweden in a pre-season tournament, the game ended in 2-2 draw while Emenike opened the scoring chart for the Russian club.

While his prolific goals keep increasing at club level, but Nigerians are still waiting to see his best in the national team where he has scored one goal in five matches for the national team.

But his Super Eagles mate, Osaze Odemwingie who claimed that the perceived disparity in the quality of his performances was down to lack of national team inexperience and admitted that the former FC Cape Town star is a talent that have much to prove for the country.

“Personally, I felt bad whenever I missed some chances in the national team because people will not understand why it is like that since I was scoring for my club but I never meant to let Eagles down. I have the passion to play and proud of Nigeria that is one of the reason why I snubbed Turkish national team for Nigeria,” Emenike told 9jasoccerboys exclusively from Spain.

“I think the coaches still believe in my ability and that is why I am still relevant in the team despite our inability to secure the nations cup ticket. And I want everything to be forgotten by the Nigerians and look forward to the future, I mean the 2013 nations cup ticket.

“Of course I understand what Osaz was trying to say but I think I need some calmness to get myself better in the team. I was always eager to make a mark in the team but it could not work out the way I thought. 

“Yes I have learnt the game and understand some techniques in playing for the national team and I believe I can prove myself better now than before.
“I want to Nigerians to know that I am a committed player it was just that things could not work for me then but I have put everything behind me in 2011, my focus now is to lift the team and with the help of my team mates the Eagles will be great again.


No comments:

Post a Comment