Thursday 23 August 2012

IDEYE: I want to lead EAGLES ATTACK

Ukraine-based Brown Ideye has dared rival Nigeria strikers by saying he is the man to lead the Eagles strike force.
 
The Dynamo Kiev striker is set for a return to the Super Eagles for next month’s 2013 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier in Liberia.
 
Ike Uche, Emmanuel Emenike, Osaze Odemwingie, Yakubu Aiyegbeni and John Utaka are among the strikers Ideye will have to battle to spearhead the Nigeria attack.
 
"I am the top striker at my club and that is why I have always scored goals with ease. I understand the way the Eagles play and so I will play better as a point man,” said Ideye
 
“I love playing as the point man. That is when my best will be seen.
 
“I have nothing to prove than what I have been doing in my club. This has really boosted my confidence that I can always deliver for my country whenever I was given the opportunity to lead the attack.”
 
The former Sochaux of France star was an unused squad member to the 2010 World cup in South Africa after he was named as a late substitute for the injured Chelsea midfielder Mikel Obi.
 
The former Nigeria U20 star has yet to score at full international level.
 
He maintained that the Eagles will soon be great again with the support of the fans.
 
“Nigeria is bigger than any player and that is why we must come and serve better, but at times things don't work as expected, that is when the fans react negatively which I think is normal, but we still need their support always. And I believe Super Eagles will be great again,” he stated.  

1 comment:

  1. with Yakubu and Martins aging, Ideye will do great leading the Super Eagles. He cant stop scoring for Dynamo, and will hopefully be a start at Brazil 2014

    ReplyDelete