Wednesday 24 October 2012

EMENIKE hails Spartak team mates

Emmanuel Emenike has remain grateful to his club team mates for their determined victory against Benfica in the UEFA Champions League group G on Tuesday.
Emenike who watched the game from the stand said he was impreesed with the displayed of his team mates despite the injury crisis hiting the club ahead of the game, and has remain optimistics of making it to the next round but sees Celtic as the major threat to their qualification.

Spartak Moscow claimed a crucial 2-1 victory in a clash with Benfica on a freezing cold night at the Luzhniki Stadium.

"I was amazed with our display, I am still confidence of making it to the next round," said Emenike.
"Despite the injury crisis in the team, we still go all the way to win the match. I am happy for the guys and I so much believe that we can still qualify. Barcelona have open the group and nobody can get automatic ticket after Barcelona."

"We will work more harder, though we lost concentrations at time but we won't give up again. We can still make it."

Speaking further on why he missed the game.
"It was a painful miss for me, I could have made it better than that but late fitness failure denied me, I was told not to rush the pain and allow it to heal and that was what kept me out."

"Of course, I confirmed to my journalist friend that I will be fit, and that was on Monday but our club medics told me to skip the game."

Rafael Carioca gave Unai Emery’s side an early lead in just the third minute of the match, but Lima levelled against the run of play for the visitors.

Spartak needed the three points after two successive defeats, and an own goal from Jardel two minutes before half-time gave the hosts a valuable and deserved victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment