Thursday 10 January 2013

OBOABONA: I have a lot to prove

"Keshi has been so wonderful to my career in the national team, and I know I have a lot to prove for him not only in South Africa. This is a big chance for me and my career. A chance I can use to climb the biggest mountain in my career."
These are the words that came from Sunshine Stars defender Godfrey Oboabona after he was named in the final 23 man team that will travel to South Africa for Nations Cup.
The Sunshine Stars skipper has been one of a handful of players from the NPL who have worked with Keshi since December 2011. He started out with the Eagles at right back, but he has since been moved to central defence where he has partnered Egwuekwe. His confidence and versatility have been his biggest assets.
"When you are given this kind of opportunity all you need is to prove it right. Keshi has made me a better player and I am proud of this great chance."
"I am growing better in the team, I get expose everyday in the team and I believe in some years to come, I will be a pillar at the defence line of the team. I have a lot to prove for the coach and the country that made me what I am today. It is a great honour for home based players to have chances in this star studded team. I am flattered.”
 

No comments:

Post a Comment