Tuesday 21 August 2012

EMENIKE ready to deny Yobo Champions League spot

Nigeria striker Emmanuel Emenike has said he will stop compatriot Joseph Yobo and Fenerbache in Tuesday’s UEFA Champions League playoffs.
 
Big striker Emenike and his Russian club Spartak Moscow host Yobo’s Turkish giants for the right to feature in the group stage of the Champions League.

And Emenike believes he and not Yobo will be the one smiling at the end of the clash.
 
“Yobo is a great player and a good motivator. I respect him a lot as a national team captain, as a friend and brother. But he also knows what I am capable of doing,” said Emenike.
 
“I wish both of us could qualify, but that is not possible now. We are friends from now till match day, once we get to the field, we don’t know ourselves again.
 
“I want to see Yobo congratulating me for making it to the group stage, while I console him and his team mates to work harder the next time.

He added: “Fenerbahce are a big team and I respect them a lot, but I believe we will beat them. I will give my best to ensure we beat them.”
 
Emenike moved from Fenerbache to Russia without kicking a ball in anger for the top Turkish club.


In their only previous meetings with Turkish opposition, Spartak drew 0-0 away and then won 2-1 at home against Galatasaray AS in the 1993/94 UEFA Champions League group stage,so are not new to teams from Turkey.

Spartak are looking to advance to an 11th group stage campaign, while Fenerbahçe are seeking their first involvement since 2008/09 and seventh in total.

1 comment:

  1. This is all intentional deception. Some speak of a sliding scale - diving for a criminal complaint for a throw is not as bad as that. I had by Rory Delap throw-in, especially if you are not convinced.

    ReplyDelete