Thursday 4 April 2013

John Chibuike happy to be back

Rosenborg attacker John Chibuike was very happy to get back to action in Rosenborg’s 4-0 league win over Brann after spending the previous three weeks on the sidelines due to injury.
The former Enugu Rangers could not feature in Rosenborg opening league game, but made his comeback against Brann, coming off the bench in the 75th minute."I am happy because we won a tough match against Brann and because I am back playing. I've been waiting a long time and it's been a lot of days of hard work," said Chibuike
"But I have come back in good shape and I felt good. I can start rolling on from where I stopped last season. And I pray not to sustain any injury this season to fulfil my dreams of winning the league title. My injury last season costs us title lost because I missed some important game which I could have made an impact and everybody knows that and that is why they are happy for my return this time around.”
The attacking midfielder who can also play as front man then went on to discuss Rosenborg's ambitions for the season, and stressed that he must keep going with his best for the club and gets a national team call up.
"We have to play our best throughout the season and play for all of the titles to the end. We must continue along this line and keep winning matches and keep the confidence at every game.
"We are doing well right now and we need keep going like this."
“I have read sometimes ago when coach promise to give me a chance, well, I am still waiting to honour the call whenever it comes but for now, I am thinking on Rosenborg.
The Nye Lerkendal side currently leading the Norwegian table with six points in two matches, and Chibuike is most likely to return to the starting line-up this weekend when they visit Sogndal in their third league of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment