Monday 16 September 2013

Michael promises more goals

FC Volyn Winger Michael Babatunde has promises to score more goals for his Ukrainian outfit after scoring his first league goal on Saturday.
The Super Eagles attacker has been an impressive part to Volyn following his move from Kryvbas.


Michael scored in Volyn's 2-1 loss to Arsenal Kyiv in the Ukrainian Premier League on Saturday.

The 20-year-old opened the scoring in the 36th minute off an assist from Dmytro Kozban, to hand visiting Volyn a first-half lead.
But two quick goals in the second half from Artem Kravets and Ghanaian striker Dominic Adiyiah secured a win for the hosts.

"I'm not too happy because the goal didn't counted for victory and I would have prefer a victorious goal instead, " said Michael who is enjoying a new life in Ukraine.

"Well, in other way, I feel good for making my debut goal, I think it will make me to work harder for scoring victorious goals in the subsequent games. I feel happy here every week because I am having my shirt to showcase my talent. I think my first two games had really helped me to settle well in the team, and I wish to continue giving my best to the coach who has so much faith in me."


The Nigeria international has started four of Volyn's games this season.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment