Thursday 29 September 2011

FRANK TEMILE REVEALS


FOOTBALL HAS BROUGHT ME JOY
In 2009, the stellar career of Frank Temile was undoubted when Ladan Bosso invited the talented striker to Rwanda 2009 U-20 Nations Cup where he had limited chance, Temile could not make the World Cup squad lead by Samson Siasia through injury. The former Valleta striker has reveal how knee ligament almost ruin his career, but the Dynamo Kiev striker who is on loan to PFC Oleandria in the Ukranian top league remains firmly focused on the future. With 2012 Olympic soccer games on the way, the 21-year-old clearly has much to look forward to as well.
Now back to his best form, the former Malta base player who won Malta player of the year award in 2008 spoke to 9jaboysblog.com about his career...

Temile, it been long Nigerians have heard from you, probably after the U-20Nations cup in Rwanda 2009. What has been happening to you since?
Absolutely nothing than the grace of God, for keep me alive and fit again after my knee injury. I am happy to be alive today and I am also happy to continue my career as a young player. Well you are right that I have not feature for my country after the Rwanda U-20 nations cup. But that does not mean am a forgotten player anyway.
You played some part in the tournament, but you could shine you are expected. Was that reason you are shut of the World cup in Egypt?
Yeah, I tried my best for the team, and we all played to our best but I think you know Nigerians does not always want second or third position. They want a victorious team at all time. A lot of things affected us at the tournament starting from the day we started, most of us were distracted by the pressure on the team because most of those players were U-17 team that won the World cup and they still expected then to prove themselves in Rwanda, and football is not always like that. your form may rise today and drop tomorrow but if there is continuity, you will be able to prove better than previous game. But I cant’s say that is the reason why I could not make the World Cup team Siasia took over the team while they sacked Ladan bosso when everybody critised the team totally.
Did you have any regret for not making the tournament where you could have opportunity to work under Samson Siasia?
Of course I felt bad for not making the team despite my commitment and readiness but I never regretted not playing for Siasia in 2009 because there are still much opportunity for me to play under him in the future. I like him as a person with great potential in his profession just like myself and also respect him a lot, and working under him still possible.
Let’s flash back to the genesis of your career, can you vividly recall how you started playing foootball?
I could not recall those days but I just know that I started playing football from street like every other players. There was a particular time I remain focus on the game when I noticed school was just not for me, then I decided to concentrate more on what I know best and I thank God that I never regret my decision then.
Why did you think school was not for you?
It’s because I give more concentration to football than my education then, I always dream of the game, I never see myself as an educationist then, I never thought of it neither do I made any attempt to further my education but playing football to the highest level was my dream. But now, I’m educated enough afte coming to Europe learn lots of things about education and give it concentration on it own. I always count myself as a lucky person because it is not easy to adapt so easily lik
But how did you manage to convince your family?
That is a simple thing because my brothers also play football. I have family in football line so, it was easy for me. What I just did then was to keep my head focus.
How did you received there supports to become a successful player?
They had always been supporting me since they know that is what I feel like doing. My uncle who was really great when I was young keeps advising me on how I can beat the game to the top level. My youth team invincible Leopard was also a great place to learn football, so I will say my grass root was on a solid foundation that's why I will always be indebted to them. I received every support become a footballer. But in all, God has been my backbone.
At the early stage of your career, you went to Malta to become one of the most youngest succesful players with several awards. How will you recollect encounter in Malta?
Going to Malta was a good decision for me, it was a great encounter in my life and a good period I will never forget in my life no matter where I played for, Malta will always remain in my heart. I went Malta to access my dream of making the best out of the game, and I really thank God for the breakthrough at the end. I won the league title, I won the Cup, with lots of several individual wards. But the biggest one was becoming the best Malta league player of the year. I helped the club Valletta to win the league after seven years and also prove myself by scoring a sensational 10 goals. I really established myself in the league and I never regretted the move.
After your impressive games in Malta, you joined Dynamo Kiev in the summer of 2008 but it seems lack of first team shirt fading of the quality or what do you think?
In football it all depends on the environment, it depends on how you are given the chance to prove yourself and that kind of a thing can either improve your game or you lose your confident or form. I never had the kind of chances I had in Malta, and again Dynamo had some experience players that I need to learn the game from but at time I could felt bad because of first team shirt but I am happy that my potential is known for what it is.  If you are happy and you have your chance, anything is possible. But I believe I still more to show the team in the future if am still there. In Malta, I was playing football with so much happiness but in life things happen, I hope I bounce back to my best.
But you are currently on loan to PFC Olexandria in the same top division Ukrainian league. What is you take on that?
Of course I had to go on loan because I cannot keep seating on the bench but I think why I was loaned was because of the knee ligament injury I had that almost ruin my career, so I was loan to Olexandria for consistent playing time so that I can always keep my fitness rate and which am doing well in the team now. So I came here to retain my form after the ligament operation because I know Dynamo is going to be difficult for me to return to first team shirt. I came here because I want people to know the truth about me if truly am a good player or not. I am not happy with the way things are in Dynamo, so I have to take the best option.
What is your fitness rate now?
Ohh, am back and better to my best, am doing great now. Everything about the injury has gone and looking forward to the future.
What is your target now?
To help the club in a reasonable position at the end of the season and also to score goals. The most aspect of it is to keep playing consistently and have my way into the Dream Team IV of Nigeria. I really want to play for Nigeria and I will like the coach to have a look at my present performance for invitation into the team.
Did you think you have what it takes to play part in the Dream Team road to London 2012?
Why not? I can lead attack if the coach gives me a chance to do that. I know there are lots of players for the team which I can count myself among. I believe if the coach can be inviting players from other leagues, then I deserve a call up letter as well. And I think Austin Eguavon will deem fit to give me a chance this time around.
Away from national team, how did you cope with life without parent especially mother?
It was a bad experience for me, I don’t like recalling those feelings because God has always been with me, he has never let me alone since till now. I am happy to have grown up the way I did. God knows about everything that happen to human being in life and I also believe that his grace in my life will never depart. I think I still stay with my father, I know my father very well than my mum, at a time I was an orphan  but today I am a man of my own who is happily married with a blessing of God, baby.  I thank God for staying with me because without him, I'm nothing without. It is not that I grown up as Orphan because I still stay with my father before he passed away.
Does losing your parent at early stage made you get into marriage at early stage of your caree?
Of course I need somebody that will be everywhere for me, I am a happy man now and Give god the glory for choosing my wife for me. God has make everything about me perfect.
As a young man, how will you describe life in marriage as a footballer?
It's wonderfully nice because you have somebody caring for you while you are away. You will be able to know that you have somebody waiting for you, or somebody you care for at every time. Especially when God gives you a good wife to marry. I have seen blessing in marriage and I hope with my little boy in the garden, the glory of God will continue shining as expected.
Are you saying you are already a father?
By the grace of God, I am proud father of a baby boy, and I believe with his arrival things are even better.
How can you describe your wife?
She’s a kind of person I can live with and take as my wife with the rest of my life. I think before you take somebody to live with you for the rest of your life, she must have possese the quality of a good wife. She’s intelligent and caring. My wife and my son are the best things to happen to me in my career and she is a Nigerian.
How romantic is your wife that made you dump bachelorhood so early?
She’s romantic enough for my taste.
How will you be able to recount your encounter with Nigerian players in Dynamo Kiev, especially Yusuf Ayila?
It's great they are all great guys fun to be with and always there to support when you need help you find them. Ayila is a good guy he is kind and is ready to assist you anyway he can, he makes things easier for u, he’s like big brother you always talk to when you have problems.
What could have been your profession assuming you did not play football?
There is no way I would not have passed through football or sports as a whole. I think I would have been a coach or a journalist.
Did you think you can withstand the pressure of being a coach?
I would have learned it before going into it. I think they learn everything before they take up job, so I believe I will cope better.

No comments:

Post a Comment