Tuesday 27 September 2011

IDEYE BOASTS:

WE'LL 'KILL' GUINEA!

You have been included in the 22 man list to face Guinea in Abuja for the make or mar game to decide if Super Eagles play in 2012 Nations Cup. how did you feel?I thank God for making it possible again. I also thank everybody that believes in me so much that I was included in such important games. I am so happy about such opportunity again, and I hope I reciprocate in a successful way.
What exactly is your take on the game knowing-fully that Guinea are also better side currently leading the table?
We must give them the fight and never underrate them even for the fact that we are hosting them does not make us favourite for the game. We just have to look it at a zero angle that we are battling the world. but no matter what, we are beating them to 2012 Nations cup by god grace.

You must be wary of the Guineans...
Not at all, but am just sending natural signal to my colleagues that this match is a do or die affair. We should not take it from our angle that we are better than them, instead we should take it from scratch . African football has improved a lot, though we all know we are we stand in the continent but I will not let us take it from such angle because these guineas are deadly as well. and we must remain focus to achieve our dream.

Did you hope making the starting line like you did against Argentina?
All depends on the coach but personally, I will like to make the staring line but coach decision is final. Whichever way, we will all win together and the fans will be proud of us.
How was the feeling when the coach named you for the starting line-up against deadly Aregentina squad that feature World best player Lionel Messi?
What a game to remember. I think it is a dream of every good players in the country to play against the likes of Messi, Aguero and others. I felt great that the coach appreciate my talent for unleashing me to start the game.
But you must have been left frustrated at a time you could not get the chance in the national team while scoring consistently for your club side in Europe…
Of course I was disappointed at a time I was scoring goals for my club which I thought I could have become a regular player in the national team today but still, I thank God for everything and also the coach for making it possible at last.
Even with your consistent goal scoring form in Ukraine. Did you think your place in the national team is still secured?
I believe the coach will continue giving me the chance to play in the team. I love playing for my country just like every other players wanted. And I wish to serve and lift my country to the highest of the game. I have what it takes to be a regular in the national team, and I believe the coach will give me more chance to prove myself a lot.
With the like of IKechukwu Uche, Obinna Nsofor, Osaze Odemwingie, Victor Anichebe, Chinedu Obasi, Emmanuel Emenike, Ekhio Ehiosun. Did you think you can convince the coach for regular shirt?
 Of course I have what it takes to convince the coach. I am doing well at the moment and I believe with my current form, the coach will take a chance on me for the upcoming games.
You are part of the 2010 World Cup after the late injury of Mikel before you replace him. What is your experience like at the senior World Cup?
I was happy for such opportunity even though I could not nake the starting line-up but to be there with the senior players is amazing because my experience at the 2010 World Cup will still be useful to me in the future probably at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
Did you think this current Super Eagles team can really be World Beater?
With continuity and dedication, we can become the best team in Africa and one of the best in the World. The coach is highly working to ensure that we produce the best players for the 2014 World cup, but everybody must be ready for the big job. The coach cannot do it alone likewise the players but there must be continuity in the team to ensure success at the end.

Is it true that Nigeria is a favourite country for the 2012 Nations Cup?
This is a great opportunity for us to write back our name in the golden book of record. I am so optimistic that if all things being equally and we have the best leg with committed legs, Super Eagles will rule Africa again. I am so confident that it is Nigeria’s time to lift the gold in 2012.

You always seem to score crucial goals at vital times for your club. How does it happen?
I think before a club signed any players, there must be a quality the club saw before going into negotiation, I am not trying to praise myself but I think I have the quality of scoring goals for my club. I always step out and asked myself at every games that what is my purpose in this game. I quickly find out my mission and how I can deliver at most time since it is my responsibility.
Was that one of the reason you scored two goals on your debut with Dynamo Kiev?
Waooo! What a wonderful debut. I think we all know the class of Dynamo Kiev in Europe and especially in Ukraine. The club believes in me and I was happy to show them what I am up to. Scoring on my debut was a dream I dreamt of but becoming a successful player in the league is also a target for me now.

Unarguably, you have been an outstanding player at every club you play. What is the secret?
People keep saying that but the truth of the matter is that I always stayed focus, I give myself target, I always believe that I can do much more better than what most top strikers in the world can do. I don’t doubt my ability in this game and I always put God first before everything I did. Another thing is that I take every games as if it is the end. I don’t ridicule opponents irrespective of the calibers.

With your impressive performance in the French Ligue 1, scoring 15 goals for Sochaux FC. Why did you choose to play in Ukraine among other top leagues in the World?
Scoring 15 goals for Sochaux was a fantastic one for me and the club but I choose to play in Ukraine because I always believe I can play in any league in the World. I have the talent of adapting to life and I quickly give out my best. Coming to play in Ukraine is a good one for me, even apart from that, they show genuine interest and they are serious about the deal unlike the rumored clubs.
You recently promised to score 20 goals and also aim to be the top scorer in Ukraine. Is the dream is alive?
Yes it is still alive. I want to surpass my last season 15 goals. I have a dream to become the league top scorer. I know my ability and I believe with the support of my team mates, I will achieve the dream.

Thanks for your time
You are welcome bros, time for training

No comments:

Post a Comment