Wednesday 2 January 2013

EMENIKE ready to restore ‘HOT’ form

Super Eagles bully striker, Emmanuel Emenike is determined to recover his hot form that made him the “the ultimate finisher” in the last two years after he was included in the 32 man list team released by Stephen Keshi to camp.
Huge things were expected of Emenike when he made the breakthrough at Turkish side Karabukspor three seasons ago. After earning rave reviews through his goalscoring exploits in Turkey, soon after his spell with Karabukspor, he painted Russian league with goals that lifted Spartak Moscow to UEFA Champions League and with an instant reward of bumper four years deal that made him the highest paid player in the Spartak team.
He scored famous goals against Locomotive Moscow and Dynamo Moscow during his first season in Russia.
The former FC Cape Town of South Africa player still made headlines at the beginning of this season, scored the second fastest goal in the history of the Premier League, to help Spartak Moscow won their opening game in the Russian championship for the first time in five seasons.
But ultimately failed to continue the blistering form due to back pains injury he sustained during national duties for Nigeria against Liberia but managed to register his name into the prestigious UEFA Champions League tournament with two goals against Celtic despite their early crashed out.
"I don’t need to look back, but rather be focus and determined to restore my best form,” said Emenike.
“I started well the season, I aimed higher for my club and myself, I was confident of breaking into the categories of world best striker but sometimes you just have to accept the chances of injury in the game, the back pains injury set me back but I don’t need to look back, the ones in the past are in the past. All I need is to be determine and work harder and be at the right direction for goals.

“I am currently working harder to get the best out of myself, I want to bounce back for good, I want 2013 to be a greater breakthrough for me. I am poise to restore the hot form.”

The Russian based ace further spoke on his inclusion in the provisional 32 man list for the 2013 Nations cup camping.
"We're looking forward to bring smiles to the faces of Nigerians who have been passionate about the team for years."
"I think everyone's looking forward to it, everyone's been talking about it. It's a pretty important for us to make the country proud in South Africa.”

No comments:

Post a Comment