Monday 13 February 2012

UGO UKAH keen to make mark in Eagles

Italian-Nigerian defender Ugochukwu Ukah  has vowed to prove his worth in the Super Eagles team as Keshi making effort to reinforce the defending channel of the team.

The self confident central defender made his Eagles debut against Zambia in Kaduna, though he has been invited by the former Super Eagles coach Samson Siasia but could not make the team until the appointment of Keshi who has tipped the lanky defender to succeed in his team.

The former Queen Parks Ranger of England told 9jasoccerboysblog that he is looking forward to another chance to prove what he is capable at the defence line of the team who tackle Rwanda in 2013 Nations cup qualifiers later this month.
 "It is a pleasure for me to make a debut for Nigeria after long waited years, and I am still happy that the dream came to past but I am looking forward to more games to prove my invitation in the team,” Uka said.
“For me to have been given an opportunity in Nigeria that means I must prove myself for the people of the country. I have great moment of my debut and my family was happy for that but I want more games to put myself in good shape for the team.

"I am very eager to work with the coaches and the players just to make Nigeria great at the highest stage of football.
“Of course I’m aware of the rebuilding process and I believe I can make an impact in the team if I am given the chance and I need to learn the mentality which coach Keshi has implemented."

“I hope to have continuity, get playing time and work to be one more option for the coach."

No comments:

Post a Comment