Saturday 28 January 2012

ODIBE looking forward to bright future

As the new Ukrainian league season is approaching, Arsenal Kiev central defender Michael Odibe has insisted on extending his blistering form into the Super Eagles team for the 2013 Nations cup qualifiers against Rwanda next month.

Undoubtedly, Odibe has grown far in confidence and his terrific work rate is exciting, according to Arsenal Kiev’s coach Leonid Kuchuk quoted in a Turkish tabloid where the team is currently camping for new campaign. The Belarus born tactician also heaps praise on the Nigerian born defender who shown like millions of stars and contributing in the teams’ success to occupied in fifth position on the log last year.

“Michael is a good player for us, everybody want him in the team, and he has really developed his games which really helped us last season but I am expecting more from him when the league resumes again, Leonid praises Odibe at a press conference in Turkey”

But despite his consistent dazzling for Arsenal, he’s yet to be called for national team since his first and last was against Sierra Leone where he was handed number five jersey by former Super Eagles coach Samson Siasia.

“My club have a lot of trust in my ability and I have never disappointed them since I joined the club, I have been able to show what I can do and that really helped me last season to have a regular games,” Odibe told 9jasoccerboysblog in a telephone chat.

“If you play well, your coach will never doubt you in any games, though at times, you might not find your bearing in a particular game but what you have done in the past will speak well of you. I love coming to play regularly here and I wish to do more for the team.

“I have really improve a lot of my games, my technical quality is a lot better than before. I've gained in confidence, there's a good spirit and good aggressive playing style for, Life is so good in Ukraine."

Speaking further on his target for Arsenal this season, he said: "Collectively, we want to do better than our opponents and we try to be as high in the league as possible. We have a good team and we want to trouble the big guns above us, we want to win," he said.

On the national team, he said: “Well, I have done my best for my club in order to be call for national team and that is a decision for the coach to make. Obviously, I wanna play for my country with full determination I used to play for my club but I have gotten the chances and life goes on.

“Although, I have not lost the hope because I have really improve a lot and that alone could give me a chance this time around but all still depend on the coach,” he concluded.

1 comment:

  1. WHO SABI SABI, WHAT GOD HAS IMPACTED ON US WILL SHOW UP WHEN THE RIGHTFUL TIME COMES, MY BROTHER , WHAT GOD HAS DESTINED MUST BE, WHO NO LIKE NA IM WAHALA.
    M.ODIBE ITS YOUR TIME TO SHINE, GO AND DON;T TURN AROUND FROM SUCCESS IN JESUS NAME,AMEN.

    AUTHUR JUAN DI MITCHELLI.

    ReplyDelete