Tuesday 14 February 2012

MONDAY JAMES: 2008 Beijing Olympics, the best in my career so far

2008 Beijing Olympic Silver medalist, Monday James goes down memory lane by pointing out the 2008 Beijing Soccer Olympic games in China as the best of his career so far but still looking towards another great moment in the national team assignment in the future.

The Hammarby IF of Sweden star also played at the U-20 World Cup in 2005 reveal that representing Nigeria at top competitions has made him a better player and the experience still counting on in his career.

“My best moment? Yes, it is the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games in China, a wonderful tournament for me and my career. Before then, I used to point out 2005 U-20 World Cup but now, I have greater one which is the Olympic.

“Yes, we came close in winning the tournament but I can say we are not lucky enough because we played Argentina hands down and they really saw fight.
“My worst moment? Still the Olympic because we lost to the same team that defeated us at U-20 in Holland. It really painful and such revenge cannot occur again because we are all professionals.

“My next step is with God but I will be back to national team soon. You know, Keshi is a different coach and you can’t just be expecting to be there because you have to work hard before you dream of coming to national team. Of course, I want to play for Eagles, and I have a lot to prove but let wait and see what the coach has on his table.

No comments:

Post a Comment