Sunday 5 February 2012

STANLEY IHUGBA desperate to lifts club

Sarpsborg 08 midfielder Stanley Ihugba is desperate to boost his Norwegian division 2 club back to the topflight  when the league resumes later this month.

The 23-years-old playmaker almost join one the premier league clubs in Norway,  another club in Germany also came close to sign the talented midfielder but the deal could not materialize according to the player.

The Nigeria youngster has politely responded to all speculation by making it plain that he has no immediate plan to leave Sarpsborg and hope to help the team back to the topflight this season.

“I have closed all gates for transfer speculations as I couldn’t move in the January transfer,” Ihugba reveals exclusively to 9jasoccerboysblog.
“I want to stay and progress here, I believe we can go back to the topflight this season. “I don’t want to leave here to sit on the bench. I am a kind of player that loves to be active every week. 

“But I understand that football is about mobility and I don’t want to make the wrong one.”
Given his ability to create opportunity for strikers from the midfield, while still seizing goal scoring for himself, a move to a more prestigious league must only be a matter of time.

“Apart from clubs in Germany, France and Holland, there are other clubs in Norway that wanted to sign me but as it is now, I have to keep my focus on how to help Sarpsborg 08 return to the topflight of the league.

“That is my focus for now, and I am so much desperate to help the team before I can consider any other offer, probably in the next window.
“We got relegated as a result of injury but I can reveal to you authoritatively that we are going back to the top division because the club refuse to sell any of their key players believing that if everybody is back to their best, then we can storm back to the top division.

Ihugba also speaks further on how Sarpsborg style has suite his own style of play different from what other clubs in the league display.
“I am not trying to hype my club but I think our style of play is different from what many clubs in the league use to play. 

“Forget that we are relegated, we play good football and we are ready to prove it now.  The team like to play good football just like myself, keep it on the ground and we never rush for goals.

Ihugba who is the current Sarpsborg’s  midfield prince with his touches and intelligent passes cannot wait for the league to resume.
“Yes, we are battle ready. I think the best way to test your ability is on the pitch and that is why I cannot wait for the league to resume,” he concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment