Sunday 20 January 2013

OBOABONA relishes AFCON debut

Godfrey Oboabona has revealed his joy in wearing the Super Eagles colors to represent Nigeria in his career, especially at the Nations cup.

The Sunshine Stars of Akure ace has been one the most consistent local player discovered by Stephen Keshi, named in the final squad to represent Nigeria at the 2013 Nations Cup in South Africa.

"One of the biggest dream of every player is to be recognised by his country," said Oboabona.

"I'm very proud of this great opportunity given to me by the country."
"I know the importance of playing for Nigeria and all I can say is that I am looking up to bigger things in the team, especially now."

"I want to be remembered like Stephen Keshi and co, we have a brighter future in this team but with time we will be greater as a team."

The highly rated sunshine skipper spoke on Super Eagles opening match against Burkina Faso, confident that it is must win match to boost their confidence.

"Zambians dont respect us, they see us ordinary team according to their coach but we can change his mind on that day."

"We are here for the trophy just like other teams and I'm so confidence that we can shock everybody in the group," he stated.


No comments:

Post a Comment