Tuesday 2 October 2012

CHIBUIKE eyes debut goal against Leverkusen

John Chibuike has said he wishes to prove he is back and better with a goal in Thursday’s Europa League clash against Bayer Leverkusen.

The former Enugu Rangers star is expected to make his Europa League debut for Norwegian club Rosenborg at home against experienced German Bundesliga outfit Leverkusen.

And the 23-year-old Chibuike revealed that a goal on Thursday would prove he has fully recovered from an injury which kept him out of his club’s opening day Europa League match against Rapid Wien.

Rosenborg are top of Group K with three points after their 2-1 win away at Rapid in Austria.

"I missed the first Europa game due to injury, but I am back for good and I wish I could make that statement against Levekusen. I have scored in two matches after returning from the injury which made me miss the first match,” he said.

“I wish to debut in Europe against Bayer Leverkusen and score in the game. I am ready for the match." 

However, he admitted his club face a tough test in front of their fans.

"We are going to face a very tough opposition as Leverkusen have the experience at this level, but all we need to do is to remain focused,” he said.

“We don't fear them and we are going for victory. We know that victory in this game will put us on track for bigger things."

No comments:

Post a Comment