Saturday 13 July 2013

PETER UTAKA eyes great start with Beijing

Super Eagles striker, Peter Utaka, is looking forward to a great start after being  cleared to make his debut for Beijing Guoan on Sunday against Chuks Akabueze's Wuhan Zall.

Utaka has also revealed how he snubbed European clubs’ offers to stay in China
after he penned a two-and-a-half- year deal with Chinese Super League club Beijing Guoan.


The 29-year-old hit-man was unveiled by Beijing Guoan on Tuesday evening after passing the traditional medical examination.

“It will be great to start with a goal, just for the fans to know that I am here to score goals and make them happy with good performance. I am happy to be have been cleared for the match and I promise to give my best at all time," said Utaka. 
"It was a dream move for me and the club because they have been trying to sign me last season after my former coach joined them and he made an offer just for me to join the club but it was not enough, so they tried this time around and it happened. I am happy because they have shown that they love me and want me, and my former coach has been looking for our reunion which eventually came to fruition.

"You don't move for money alone because money can't buy you happiness, and there are other things it can't still buy you in life, but I decided to stay in China and make a move to Beijing because I am wanted and loved by the Chinese fans, they have been showing me love. It goes by my heart to know where should move to and it is here now in Beijing.

"I have offers in Europe, but I am enjoying life in China and that is why I chose to join a bigger club, which is Beijing, because they are ambitious and well-respected and will always love to be like Manchester United and Real Madrid."

No comments:

Post a Comment