Monday 11 July 2011

CHIBUIKE: I WON'T GIVE UP ON EAGLES DREAM


In-form BK Hacken of Sweden attacking midfielder John Chibuike has vow not to give up on his chances to play for his fatherland.
The talented midfielder said, “Me, give up on the Eagles? No way! I will always give my best at my club anytime I am on the pitch. I know my time will surely come to play for the country and I will not be under any pressure to don another country’s colour in the future.
“I felt bad at times whenever I was not invited in spite of my consistent performance in my club. I am not saying that I’m better than those invited, but I believe I deserve my country’s call up if the criteria are on performance selection.
“I thought I could have been invited for the U-23 Dream Team, but it seems the coaches are not watching what we are doing in the league. If I play in Sweden and help my team week in, week out and I don’t get recognition from my country, that means I am not appreciated as a Nigerian, but I will never dump Nigeria for any country. I know what I’m saying but only time will tell.”

1 comment: