Tuesday 15 January 2013

AKINSOLA: Why I quit Santander for Cyprus

Former U-17 winger Kabiru Akinsola has revealed why he quit Spanish Segunda club, Racing Santander for Cyprus club, Doxa FC on a five month deal.
Akinsola, who had an impressive showing at Cardiff FC while on loan from Granada,   had torrid time at another Spanish second tier side, Racing Santander.
“It was a crucial decision that I took to move to Cyprus and it has nothing to do with money," he stated."Of course money is important but at times, you must make sacrifices to get to the top.
"Spain is a lovely place to be for sure and I was very happy during my stay there and I may still go back if things come better in the league.
“I left Racing as a matter of inconsistency on the pitch, so I decided to join Doxa to play regularly and help the team out of relegation zone.
"I believe I can create my own world here also and play better in my five month deal before I finally decide if I would return to Spain in the future,” he added.
Doxa FC is currently on the 8th position in the top league of Cyprus.

No comments:

Post a Comment