Monday 18 July 2011

lKAITA STRANDED IN NIGERIA

This certainly is not the best of times for out-of-favour Super Eagles midfielder, Sani Kaita, who is battling tooth and nail to get his resident permit to return to his new club in Belgium.

Kaita, who has been sidelined by national team head coach Samson Siasia since he took over the Super Eagles late last year, no thanks to the red card he got that cost Nigeria the match against Greece at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa , is in Kaduna where he has been training alone waiting for his resident permit.
According to the Beijing Olympics silver medallist who recently signed for Belgian top division side, Germinal Beerschort, told Complete Sports that his club is working round the clock to ensure that he gets his resident permit and join up with them for the new season.

“My club president has assured me that my permit will be ready soon and I have been keeping fit by training regularly in Kaduna. I had to leave Kano for Kaduna for concentration. I have so many fans in Kano and because they would not allow me to concentrate very well that is why I relocated to Kaduna where I can train with little distraction.

“I can’t wait to join my new club and help them to do well in the league, then try and make a return to the Super Eagles after over a year absence from the national team. I have begged for forgiveness from Nigerians and I have been hoping that the coaches would give my another chance to redeem my image.
“I have served this country very well and it is not fair that I should been dumped like that for one mistake after five years with the national team. I think I still have a role to play in the Eagles and should be recalled,” he stated.

No comments:

Post a Comment