Wednesday 13 July 2011

OBIEFULE OFFERS TO RESCUE DREAM TEAM

Nigeria Youngster, Obinna Obiefule has declared his readiness to rescue the fading hopes of Nigeria qualifications for the London 2012 Olympics asserting that Dream Team coach Austin Eguavoen needs to give him a chance to prove himself after his team failure to make the cut for the All Africa Games in Maputo.

Speaking exclusively in a telephone chat, the Sandnes Ulf of Norway star who is the younger brother of former Super Eagles midfielder, Paul Obiefule remarked that he does not have any other options than to follow his brother’s footsteps by playing for his native country.

“I will be so glad if the coach (Eguavoen) can give me a chance to prove myself in his team for the Olympic qualification. I am more than ready to help him as well as to help myself in the national team. I think there is need for him to give younger players like me opportunity to prove ourselves at the national level.
He added:” I will never take the chance for granted if invited but rather see as a chance to claim a shirt in his team. I know I will be in the team but I never know when it is. My brother had played for the country and his services were appreciated, I want to play for the Dream Team and also for the Super Eagles.

No comments:

Post a Comment