Wednesday 5 October 2011

STEPHEN WORGU eyes double trophies in Sudan

Nigerian striker Stephen Worgu has set his sights on lifting double trophies with his Sudanese based club, El-Merriek with less than four games to end the season in the Eastern Africa country.

The former Eyimba of Aba star returned to Sudan following his loan move to Alahly Benghazi S.C. in Libya, and he has justified the significance of his return by scoring five goals in seven matches.
“My return to El-Merriekh is for good, I am happy to be back to the club. I want to win trophies, I have been looking forward to doing this and I believe the time has come to for me to do that. 

“I think my return has boosted the morale of the team and everybody is happy with my return. And I am happy to return in a good form and be readily contributing to the dream of lifting the league title and the FA cup. 
“We are already the favourite and we have been proving that to our rivals. This is a dream for me and I am happy that everything is come to past,” Worgu told 9jasoccerboysblog.

In 2008, Worgu was top scorer of the CAF Champions League with 13 goals and was courted by several European and African clubs including Egypt's Al Ahly, but opted to move to Sudan after El Merriekh made him a massive offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment