Friday 23 September 2011

WORGU reveals Dream Team interest

2008 CAF Champions League top scorer, Stephen Worgu has reveals interest in playing for the Nigeria U-23 side popularly known as Dream team IV for the 2012 London Olympic soccer games qualifiers in Egypt.

The former Eyimba of Aba rising star has returned back to Sudan following his loan move to Alahly Benghazi S.C. in Libya from Al-Merrikh of Sudan, and he has stated his return is for good having return back to top form.

“I’m back in Sudan to continue my career and to help the club for the title. I have put the past behind and concentrate on the game. “I know my talent and I know where God is taking me to but wherever a player find himself, he must try to be happy for the success of the game.

“I am doing well right now and everybody in my club is happy for my return, and I hope to give them what they want in terms of scoring goals.

“I know if lift my club here and playing very well like I have always been doing, I will get a chance for the national team. Nigeria made me a better player and I am happy for where I am today. But I am still waiting for the day I will pay it back for the country who gave me a chance to be what I am today.

“I think the Dream Team will be a good place for me enhance my Super Eagles dream but let me hope if the coach will give me a chance for the Olympic qualifiers.

No comments:

Post a Comment