Tuesday 8 November 2011

Worgu Ready For Shirts War

El-Merrikh of Sudan striker Stephen Worgu says he’s ready to fight for a place in the star studded Dream Team IV team after being named among the 15 pros by U-23 Chief coach Austin Eguavon for the London 2012 Olympics qualifiers in Morocco this month.

The former Eyimba of Aba star made several newspaper headlines both in Africa and Europe in 2008 when he emerged as CAF Champions league top scorer with 13 goals.
Worgu scored eight goals in four matches in Enyimba CAF campaign in 2008, averaging two goals a game. With eight goals in his pocket, he placed himself as the top scorer in the competition over leading strikers like Amr Zaki of the Egyptian Zamalek and El Shermeety of the Tunisian Etoile du Sahel.

It was a moment of joy for the Europe-bound striker after he was listed among the 15 pros for Dream team.
“Nigeria made me a better player to where I am today,” Worgu told 9jasoccerblog exclusively.

“I was happy the moment I discover I was invited because I have been looking for avenue to pay back my dues for Nigeria. I started my career in the country, and I was rated among the best striker in Africa in 2008, and I can still tell you that the quality is there for me to display if I get my chance at the end.”

“I am aware of the challenges in the team because of the players that started the journey but I don’t think that will stop my shirt if I can prove myself for the coach, and you know this is African game, it different from Europe and I am still in the continent, so I can have advantage to prove a point in the team but all will depend on the coach.

Due to his high talent in scoring and creating critical plays, the young striker has all the criteria a high-octane Nigeria u-23 team will need to emerge in Morocco.
“Of course, I’m playing in Africa does not mean I cannot challenge the foreign base stars in the team. “And remember I have played against most of these players in Africa and I know the task and strength to face them. It is definitely not going to be easy but we can prove them wrong.

Worgu also possesses the physical strength, fitness, and high proficiency that can easily pave a way for Dream Team in games against Morocco and Senegal.
In addition, Worgu has a set of developed skills in his repertoire that African youngsters don't have at the beginning of their career. This in effect will certainly stand as a great advantage for Eguavon team in the north Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment