Tuesday 21 February 2012

ORELESI:I'm ripe for SUPER EAGLES' shirt

Albanian based Dream Team V left back Nurudeen Orelesi is a Nigerian football player currently plays for Skënderbeu Korçë in the Albanian Superliga.
An explosively fast left-wing back, Nurudeen Orelesi has scored one  of the most iconic goal in U-20 World Cup history, notably his reverse net- tearing against Germany in 2009 U-20 World Cup. With Flying Eagles of Nigeria.
A powerful, quick and hardworking defender has taken the Albanian league by storm and his success there could ultimately lead to his moving on to a bigger club in the summer.
He told 9jasoccerboysblog this exclusive interview that Albanian League, especially in his club Skënderbeu Korçë has open a lot of things in his career, and also speaks on the possibility of summer move…
life in Albania
It been quite wonderful for me in the country even though it has not gotten to the standards of top European football leagues but I can tell you that it is more entertaining like Spanish La liga and Premiership. I always feel at home whenever I go out for matches and I am well respected maybe because I am a Nigerian. The Albanian citizens love to see Nigerian players because of talent. I have never regretted my decision in coming to play in the country because it is a place I can categorically showcase my talent before stepping further to major European league.
Champions League experience
Yes, it was a wonderful experience I had dreamt of. Playing in UEFA champions league is the biggest opportunity I have in Skenderbeu. It is a wonderful experience that will remain in my memory. I saw the uniqueness and integrity of the competition even though we could not make it to the final stage. It is good privileged for me and I am still looking forward for more competitive games like that.
When I signed for Skenderbeu my dream was to play in this year Champions’ League group stage against the likes of Barcelona and Manchester United or any other good teams in Europe because I always give my best whenever I see big matches, I go extraordinary to prove myself in my position but unfortunately things could not work out maybe it is not this year again.
From Flying Eagles to Dream Team V
If I will not lie to you, I am grateful to Allah for such given me the opportunity to be recognized by coaches in the country, I am also grateful to the coaches as well for their confidence on me. It is not by my making but Allah makes it possible for me. For a player like myself to be call for national assignments irrespective of the league I played in.
I think it is by hard working and prayer. I think given my best all the time gives me the chance to be on pitch for my country. I always give me best because I know my future is bright. I do make the best of myself in the training session and that convince coaches a lot to play me ahead of any other player but it’s not by my making but God. I think another factor is that I do play regularly for my club and I know the number of games I play every season and that alone will give me confidence in my country.
Egypt 2009 U-20 goal against Germany
Whaoooooo! I always laughed whenever I remember or see that goal. I think that goal was my best goal in my career so far. I was at my best position to take the shot because we need to score more goals but unfortunately everything went otherwise for the team. I think every ambitious player must always ready for battle because you don’t know who is watching you. And that has really helped me a lot
Encounter with Siasia
It was a privilege for me to have played under Samson Siasia. Though many players believe the man is difficult but if I will be honest to myself, Siasia is not difficult for a discipline player. Why I said such is that I have been with him, and I know what I have learnt up till now along with Kalika. They are wonderful coaches to have played under. And since life is not static, there is always a change in our career and that is why he was appointed and disappointed. Playing under Siasia has made me a better player because I have improve a lot in my defending and overlapping tactics and I am very grateful to have passed through such coach in my career.
Dream Team failure …
I cannot blame anybody for the failure because I was not part of the team, I could not make it to Morocco due to my club assignment, though I was invited by the coach but my club stopped me because of our league and I am of the reliable player at the back four according to my coach, so they found it difficult to allowed me. I was devastated for not given such opportunity by my club because I have already promised to be in the camp in Ghana but all my effort was aborted since it was not FIFA free day. It is a big disappointment for me and the team but I believe there is more hope in the future.
The pillars behind his career
My parent supported me a lot to be at top of football. Especially my late dad, I never thought of becoming anything else but to play football. Even my decision to my friends then was like a mad man because of their passion for Education and other professions but I never thought of any alternative but to play this football, and I think God for making my parent the back bone of my career today.
The lost of his father almost hindered career…
My father tried a lot for me before he died and if there is anything I can do make him alive again, I will do it because he has a lot of glory to claim from me. My dad had bought me football kits before. He encourages me lot because of his passion for the game.
If not football what?
Absolutely nothing. Why I said nothing is that most people does not see anybody to encourage them in their career and that is why you see a lot of people engaging in lots of things that is not of their wish. I think I am grateful to Allah to show my parent the best way for me.
Dutch move dream
My club stopped the move in January because of Champions League spot. They said I should wait and help the club to qualify for Champions league before they can look into the deal but everything still intact according to them. So my focus is to help them and wait to see what happen.
Career after Albania
I think for now, I have to make sure I have the starting shirt guarantee. I have come to Europe to stay and play regularly, and this is not where I am going to end my career but I just have to keep on given my best till I will be recognize in the categories of the best club in Europe. I know where I am going and my future is brighter than I see. So I will like to continue for the next one year and see what Allah has for me again. Apart from that, joining Skënderbeu Korçë was a good move for me because they are the champions of the league and they are recognize in UEFA, so what else did I want for now? I will surely play and become the best player in my position but one step at a time. I want to be in the categories of fantastic players like Nemanja Vidic who hit top club like Manchester United by storm.
Super Eagles Dream
My initial dream was to play at the 2012 Olympic games and prove myself to be in the Super Eagles but as it is now, my focus has change. I want to be in the Super Eagles if the coach can consider my talent for once. I know the challenges at the position with the like of Taye Taiwo and Elderson Echiejile but I can give them a fight if am consider good for the position.
Passion for beautiful football in Barcelona
I am a Barcelona fan for life but I like Manchester United in England. I like Manchester because of Patrick Evra whom I look up to as a player. I love the way he plays and I do watch Manchester united game because of him. I do study a lot from him and I have improves in some quotas that I have learnt. Evra is a kind of player that does not gives up easily even if Manchester is losing, he will still drive the team to attach and that is kind of football I play. He run a lot and tactically dribbles maturely. And that is what makes him my best player in the team. Apart from that, Manchester United initiated discipline in their team and I think that is what make the team great in terms of team work.
Career in the next four years
I want to be playing in one of the best club in Europe if not Barcelona and also to become an establish player in the Super Eagles like Taye Taiwo and Joseph Yobo. I actually want to be a player to be given a standing ovation in any team.
Challenges before Taye Taiwo in the Super Eagles if…
I think deputizing for Taye Taiwo in Super Eagles is not a big deal for me as a young player that wants to learn. I have lot of respect for Taye Taiwo and I will be ready to play for Super Eagles. I can still become a better left back than him. Taye Taiwo has a lot of bullets in his feet while I also have but he’s stronger than mine for now. But I can as well shot like him and compose myself better.

No comments:

Post a Comment