Tuesday 21 February 2012

UGO Ukah calls for Eagles consistency

Single capped Super Eagles new boy, Ugo Uka has demanded consistency from the Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi ahead of 2013 Nations Cup after he was neglected in the 11 man foreign base star that will tackle Rwanda in February 9 in Kigali.
The lanky central defender made his Eagles debut against Zambia in Kaduna, though he has been invited by the former Super Eagles coach Samson Siasia but could not make the team until the appointment of Keshi, but surprisingly he was snubbed for the upcoming match in Kigali which makes the player to voice for consistency in the team if there is a dream of winning the 2013 nations cup.
"I understand the decision of the coach to test some other players which I think it is good but we need to be consistent. We need consistency throughout each game both for the qualifiers and friendlies so that we can understand ourselves better," Uka said.
“I don’t need to felt bad because there are other chances on the way and I believe I will still be part of the team. “At times, players just need to understand the decision of some coaches, and I think Keshi has his own reason and I believe he’s a man I can work with, so there is no problem about that.
“What the team need now is support from everybody because the team is our pride and they must beat Rwanda in Kigali. “I wish the coaches and the team success by the grace of God they shall win in Kigali.”

No comments:

Post a Comment