Thursday 15 November 2012

I'm ripe for Eagles shirt, says ORELESI

An explosively fast left-wing back, Nurudeen Orelesi who plays for Skenderbeu in Albaniahas proved more than any other Dream Team V star in Europe.

But despite his explosive performance for his club that  won the Albanian league title and also a place in UEFA Champions League play-off ticket last season, the talented star is yet to feature for the senior national team side.

And these could be argued on his contribution to his club triumph last season.Excellent work ethic, combined with stamina and a never give up attitude has resulted in Orelesi becoming a fan favorite in Albania. A powerful, quick and hardworking defender has taken the Albanian league by storm and his success there could ultimately lead to his moving on to a bigger club.

Orelesi was born in Lagos 22 years ago and last played for local club ECO FC. Dinamo scouts watched him in action during the last Under 20 world cup in Egypt and were impressed with his tenacity, playing at left back.He remained of the finest player in the Nigeria U-23 team then, the talented defender can be remember for his net tearing goal against Germany despite the poor outing of the whole team.

The Albanian base star who had sometimes declared his mission to fight for the Super Eagles shirt was rated among the best player in the league having made lots of impact in his team’s progress to claim the title.


How are you coping with life at Albania?
I am coping well like every other layers in other european league. Of course it is small football country but its well organised and you can make it bigger in the country. Apart from football, I am also enjoying life here with my little earnings.

You have played for two big clubs in the country and you won medals. Was that still the motivation in staying put in the country?
Coming to play in Albania is by chance, you just have to start from a step. I came here to prove myself for the clubs and I really appreciate the fans supports towards my career here. I have been able to prove myself both in the league and UEFA Champions league play off, even though we couldn't make it at the end but its pleasure starting my career here.

A lot of people believe Albanian league is far from gaining some attractiveness like other major european clubs. But you have been playing anf coming to represent Nigeria from the league. How have you been doing it?
I agree with you that it can't stand some leagues like English Premiership, La Liga, Bundesliga, Dutch league, French League but the truth of the matter is that sometimes your consistency matter, forget where I play, the national team coaches can give me a call up base on my statistics on internet. It is very easy now. I thank God for everything. I played regularly for my club and that has been coming to a good profit for me.
I am still coming to play in those leagues you are saying and whatever I do here will open the doors for me. I have no regret for that.

How was the feeling after claiming the league title last season?
Of course I was excited because we came from third spot to claim it and it was a wonderful moment for me and my career.

Your game has really improved this season, what is the secret?I was determined to make name for myself in this country despite the low ranking of the league in Europe but I have vowed to make it real for myself that is why I always give it all at every point in time. I believe my game here will take me to the top. I never doubt that and I think with my game now, I can hit the top clubs in bigger league.

It seems you are more comfortable with the atmosphere of the country but with some clubs already on the queue for summer. Will you still like to continue it here?

I have surrender everything to almighty God. He knows the best and I will like him to direct me to the right path. I am satisfy with what I have done here and its time for me to challenge myself for big spot.

Don’t you think the low ranking of the league still an obstacle for your Super Eagles’ shirt despite your good playing games?
I was in the league they called me for Dream Team. Some times you just need to be at your best to get Nigeria call. You maybe thinking that the coaches are not interested in plaers from Albania but you never know his mind.
I know I have all what it takes to play in any big clubs and in Super Eagles but I don’t want to be faster than my shadow. I am learning everyday.  I also believe that Super Eagles call up can influence a bigger move and that is why I want to have a chance in the team and prove myself. I know I will still play in the team but I don’t know the time yet but I’m certain of playing in the team.

But Keshi doesn’t look the side of less foreign based stars with local league stars already on the card. How will you convince the coach for a call up?
It does not matter provided I can prove myself. I think the coach have good plans for the national team and it will also be good to have competition in the team so that everybody can be serious. But I can always make impact in my position.
I know it will be difficult to nail a shirt in the team for now, because there are lots of players on the list but I will be glad to come and prove myself. I have played in two categories of National team and my games can speak better for me.
I want the coach to give me a shirt to Nations cup. I want to prove myself better than before.


You have played almost every game for your club this season but yet you still remain the unnoticed Nigerian star…
Everything has time and I am not desperate for that but I know my own time will surely come.

Is it true that you are quitting Albanian league at the end of this season,
Yes, I wish to move to another league, I mean one of the attractive league but I am not ready to disclose anything for now.

Reports also revealed that clubs in Holland, Russia, Turkey and France are on the queue. How was that?
Last season, I have clubs from Holland that met with my club but they failed to agree and because they don't want to release me.

If you are to choose in the world, which club will you like to play for after Skenderbeu?
I am die hard Barcelona fan and that is the club I look up to while growing up. I could remember then when I used to dream of playing for the catalans. If I am to choose, ofcourse its Barcelona.

Isn't that a tall dream?It is but I will work towards it. And I can still play there one day. 





GET INSTANT CASH


1 comment:

  1. Keshi go get him, I have seen him play and he is gud.. just what Super Eagles needs a fast and explosive player to Lighten up the slow and boring Super Eagles.

    ReplyDelete