Thursday 10 January 2013

IDEYE boast: I'll justify my inclusion


Dynamo Kiev striker Brown Ideye, said he's ready to show his class at the 2013 Nations Cup in South Africa after he was finally named in the original 23 man squad.
Ideye was not on the final squad on Tuesday as he struggled to impress in training camp, but in the list released by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) on Wednesday night, the Ukraine-based striker was eventually preferred to Turkey-based midfielder Raheem Lawal, who was on the original list. And the former Ocean Boys ace said he has nothing to prove than to raise his game and prove his inclusion in the team.
"I'm happy to be part of the final team," said Ideye.
"It's great to be in South Africa with Nigeria, that was my mission at the early stage of the qualifiers and my mission still remain, I want to fly with the team in South Africa to win and bring back the trophy.
"For all I care is to justify my inclusion. I will have to work harder to be on the starting line and prove my worth for the team as a whole."
"There are lots of striking options for the coach but I will definitely prove myself and deliver for the team whenever I get my chance to play."

No comments:

Post a Comment