Tuesday 27 September 2011

OBINNA OBIEFULE: soaring high in Malta

Nigerian hot-rising star Obinna Obiefule, the younger brother of Super Eagles midfielder Paul Obiefule is currently living a dream in Malta after failing to tie down a deal in Norway that forced his return to Malta.

The high flying striker has scored five goals in five matches and he’s been regarded as one of the deadly striker in the league following his instant measure of the game.

Obinna return to the city of Malta with Marsaxlokk FC in the last window transfer following a delay in work permit in Norway where he could not play a game for the club, but for not been stranded on the bench or turn to spectator in the Norwegian league, the talented goal poacher accepted the offer of Malta return in order to keep his fitness till the deal will be through, probably in Nigeria transfer window.
But his return to Malta has come under a return of the king, not only because his five goals in five matches but also number of assists he has made in the club. it is still in doubt if the club will allow him to move when the window reopens in January.

“It’s been a return of joy for me, I am happy to have started scoring goals for my club. I am so happy that things turns good for me immediately, Obinna explained in an exclusive interview”.
“How would it have been if I had secured my move to Norway and start scoring for the club but I think I still have a mission here that is why God made me to return. I have scored five goals in five matches for now but I hope to score a number of goals to prove why I am needed in Norway.

“I felt reluctant to return to the country after I discovered that I will not be eligible to secured my deal in Norway but instead me to wait till January and not playing football, my brother and my agent advised me to return back to Malta for fitness purpose but it seems it is turning to good for me but I don’t know if I will remain here in January.
Following the pre-Olympic tournament draw held in Egypt on Saturday, Obinna has backed Dream Team chief coach Austin Eguavon not to panic that he has a team that can do the job efficiently and he will be ready to prove a point in the team if give the chance.

“It is a tough group no doubt about it but coach does not need to be panic over it. I think Nigeria is blessed with lot of players who can make the country proud at the end. What he needs now is to return back to the drawing board and re-plan.
“I don’t know if he will be given me a chance to come prove myself this time around. I have made it clear that I am for Nigeria not for any country but I keep asking myself the day I will don my country’s colour.
“Well. Maybe this form will take me there this time around. But I will be glad for a call up.

Nigeria have been drawn against Senegal for the final Olympic qualifying tournament for Africa in November.
The Dream Team will compete in Group B against north African giants Morocco and Algeria.

Hosts Egypt were assigned to Group A with South Africa, Gabon and Ivory Coast after Saturday's draw in Cairo.

No comments:

Post a Comment