Tuesday 27 September 2011

Sunshine yet to pay wages to players

Following the report in the media that the management of the Sunshine Stars FC of Akure have paid their players this season’s sign on fee and their wages from the beginning of the season. Some facts have emerged that the club is yet to pay any of the players a dime.
 
With reports gathered inside the Sunshine stars club, it shows that the club is yet to pay the reported sign on fee despite the commitments of the players both in the domestic league and African Continent.
 
A top official inside the club reveal that it is highly frustrating and unprofessional after the management of the club have announce the payment of the players some months back, whereas there is nothing of such, and the players are really given their best.
 
“We don’t know where the problem is, whether the Governor is yet to release the money or he has not signed the payment but what I can tell you now is that non of the players have receive ten kobo from their monies which is very bad,” a source disclose exclusively.
 
Another source revealed that they are in darkness of the payment since they have announced that the governor had release the money.
“Who do we believe now? Everybody has been calling me over the lied payment. I don’t know where the press saw what they reported but what I know is that we have not been paid and it’s a bad situation.
 
“I think this is not encouraging at all. We are like slave in the club where nobody cares for our living as a professional. And this is what make most of us run to slavery deal outside the country.
 
Another player lamented that the club has really dealt with their career over the non payment of wages.
"We dont even know what is happening about the payment, nobody has called us to explain why we have not been paid. "My family had called me thinking that I lied to them that I dont want to do my responsibility. We are tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment