Sunday 5 February 2012

AJILORE, ODIBE eye EAGLES’ shirt against Rwanda

Super Eagles players Oluwafemi Ajilore and Michael Odibe have reveal their readiness to return back to the Super Eagles team as Nigeria tackle Rwanda for 2013 Nations Cup qualifiers in February 29.

 Ajilore, a star in the Silver-winning team at the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games is truly enjoying the best time of his career  in the Danish League with Brondby IF. The 26 years old midfielder has contributed immensely to the Danish club late last year following his loan move from FC Groningen, he was voted several man of the matches and player of the month before now.

“I think the most important thing now is to rebuild the image and to make fans have faith back in the team, and I think that is what Keshi is doing right now,” Ajilore told 9jasoccerboys in a telephone chat.
“I felt bad just like every other player that we could not go to the 2012 because it could have been our turn to make three nations cup trophies but unfortunately we are not there and that is why we must start the 2013 qualifiers on a winning note to rebuild the image of the team.”
“I think nobody wants to hear anything about Super Eagles but the best way to rebuild the confidence is to get back to winning note.”

“If I will return against Rwanda? Well that depends on the coach, for now I can’t say because the list is not yet out and I don’t know the coach’s programme but I will honour the invitation if I am invited, yes I love to play for the team anytime in my career.”

Speaking further on his prospect in the Danish League, he said: “Winning the Most Valuable Player award on several occasions at Brondby is another great moment for me,” the former FC Ebeide player said. “Coming back to Denmark is like returning to my roots because this is where I was discovered as one of the best midfielders in the league before I went to Groningen. Of course it is a new development and I really appreciate the game here,  so it great to win these awards.”

When asked if Keshi can deliver the ticket, he explained: “Football has grown beyond what we always think, qualification ticket is not an easy task. To play away is even difficult in Africa nowadays. Any coach can win the ticket and can lose as well but with what is on ground and his credibility on African soil, he will do his best and we the players must cooperate with him.

“There should be discipline and focus from us. But the truth of the matter is that we should not criticise even when things were not going well. Every coaches and players have good and bad days and I hope we will get to our good days.” He concluded

Similarly, Arsenal Kiev highly rated central defender, Michael Odibe also eye a return back in the Super Eagles team when Nigeria take on Rwanda in Kigali in a first leg qualifying match for the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations on February 29.
“I wish to be part of the team, I want to play for Keshi, I want to prove myself. I have mature well to be part of the team and I am hopeful that I will be part f the Rwanda game in Kigali.”
"I'm the type of player who needs games in a row. It's difficult, I'm a player who like to be playing every game and that is when my best can be seen.

"The more I play the better I feel and the best I can be. My move to Ukraine has really helped my games a lot in terms of consistency and I wish to prove that in the national team.
"Obviously I just want to play the Rwanda game and convince the manager of that every time I play in my club and I have improve a lot.

"I have proved many times I can compete with the best players in the team. Now it's really important for me to be there and prove my worth."
"When things aren't going so well you just have to keep working hard and that's what I did."He added.
The return leg match in Nigeria will be played between June 15 and 17.

No comments:

Post a Comment