Sunday 5 February 2012

EMENIKE targets CHAMPIONS LEAGUE spot with Spartak Moscow

Super Eagles striker Emmanuel Emenike says he’s focusing on how to achieve his dream of playing in the prestigious 2012-2013 UEFA Champions league, as Spartak preparing for the Russian league second phase in March.

The former Karabukspor of Turkey star has scored an impressive eight goals in 13 matches barely six months after his transfer from Fenerbahce and one of the goal was voted as the best in 2011.

While Spartak Moscow preparing for the second phase in Spain, the 24-year-old prolific striker who banged 30 goals in 51 appearances for Karabukspor  targets top spot in the Russian league table to qualify for the 2012-2013 UEFA Champions League.

Presently, Spartak sit on the fourth place with 57 points while Zenith Petersburg  take the lead with eight clear point ahead of Spartak. But Emenike who has been enjoying another blistering form in their pre-season games reveals to 9jasoccerboysblog that he’s ready to keep his momentum of scoring goals for the club to ensure their qualification at the end. 

“We are preparing for the next phase of the league, and we are ready to kick start with a winning note,” said Emenike.
“The league will be tougher now because it has been segmented and that is where every club like to give a fight. But my target for Spartak is the Champions league spot.”

“Yes, that is my dream, I will give my best in terms of goals to ensure our qualification.” The league still wide open if we can really keep our focus, we are just eight point behind and anything can happen. That is where our focus is for now and we don’t want it to slip.”

“If we can continue with the way we did late last year, I believe we can catch the leader but playing in UEFA Champions league is my target for now.
The Anambra state-born star also promises more goals in the second phase of the league.

“Yes, a lot of goals are expected from me, and I wish to live up to fans expectation.” Everybody in the club loves what I am doing and they have challenge me a lot to keep pouring the goals and I believe by the grace of God, My dreams shall come true.”He concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment